Marketing

Quick tips to increase the effectiveness of your agency’s social postings

Gabrielle Pickard
Written by Gabrielle Pickard

Social media, whether you like it or not, can be used to put your Estate Agency head and shoulders above competitors. Quite simply, if your agency’s social media efforts are falling flat on their face rather than flying high, your postings aren’t making the grade.

Take a look at the following five quick tips designed to inject some life into your agency’s social content and increase the effectiveness of your postings.

  • Don’t post for the sake of it!

Don’t just post for the sake of posting, it may put your followers off. Instead, only post content that will bring value to your followers. Ignore the so-called stats that say you have to make so many posts a day to nurture a successful social media campaign. The success lies in the quality of the content and not the quantity.

  • Follow the 80/20 rule

Followers don’t want to be bombarded with postings on how great your agency is and what the benefits are of using your agency. People, generally speaking, use social media to be entertained and you should therefore stick to the 80/20 rule.

80% of all your social postings should be related to lifestyle-orientated content and social media interests. The remaining 20% only should be focused on your estate agency and services.

  • Think about the tone of your social posts

Who are the different audiences on your social channels? Your Twitter followers are likely to be different from your LinkedIn or Facebook fans. Avoid cutting corners by simply posting the same content on all your social channels. Instead, hone the content up so it possesses the right tone for the different audiences on your varying social platforms.

For example, your Facebook posts might be more fun, entertaining and informal than your LinkedIn posts that will need to be written with a more professional, formal tone.

The shrewdest Estate Agents will know how to tailor their posts so they resonant with their different social platforms’ audiences.

  • Use links in your posts

Again, try to follow the 80/20 social media posting rule in terms of the links you place in your posts. Instead of bombarding followers with links to your estate agency or blog, direct them to other sites.

Whether it’s a news site, which has some great news or advice on an important aspect of the property market, or a third-party blogger whose providing some fantastic tips on selling or buying property, linking to external sources will help increase the credibility of your social media channels and ensure you’re not an egocentric social poster.

  • Use call-to-actions (CTAs)

Aim to include a relevant and valuable call-to-action in your social posts, such as signing up to your agency’s newsletter. But, once again, avoid making the CTAs too overtly about you and your agency by inviting readers to take action to the benefit of others, such as pointing them to an interior designer providing great décor advice, or to the website of a fabulous restaurant in the local vicinity.

About the author

Gabrielle Pickard

Gabrielle Pickard

Gabrielle brings more than a decade’s writing and editing experience, having been creating and editing high quality content for a wide range of publications in the property sector, reporting about the latest trends, news and developments in this fast-paced industry that doesn’t stand still for a second.

Leave a Comment